Tuesday, 28 January 2020

Kona's coffe

Hawaian cafe ~Kona's coffee~





Address: 26-7 Kengun Honcho, Higashi-ku, Kumamoto
Price: 1000-2000
Business hours: 10: 00-22: 00 (weekdays) 9: 00-22: 00 (Saturday, Sunday and public holidays)
Phone number: 050-5366-0695
Access: A 20-minute walk from the Kumamoto tram lines A and B, exit from Kengun Kobanmae Station

 Following on from last time, we will introduce Kona's Coffee from Higashi Ward. The biggest feature of Kona's Coffee is the Hawaiian cafe, as the title suggests. There are also foreigners. Both food and lunch are delicious. It is called Hawaiian Café and the amount is very large.
 
 The best recommended menu of Kona's Coffee is pancakes. It's fluffy, chewy and less sweet, and you can adjust the taste yourself. In addition, there are two types of sweet-type pancakes and lunch-type pancakes, so you can eat them when you want. By the way, I used it as a dessert after eating lunch, but it was a lot full and a little full.




Strawberry and banana whipped pancakes (front) 
and salmon salad (back)




Berry merry pancakes on a christmas seasonal menu




Matcha tiramis pancake, currently a seasonal menu
It is recommended to go early for the season only!


If you want to feel Hawaiian, Kona's Coffee is recommended!


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the coffee shop in Higashi-ku. I've been looking for cozy cafes near PUK. Thanks to your post, I'm interested in the cafe and browsed the official website, I think it must be good for Joshi-kai or some parties with friends and family.
    You put the address every time, however if you add map's pictures, it is easier for readers to find the cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this cafe before and I've been interested in it for a long time. So I'm happy to know about it. A strawberries and banana whipped pancake looks really delicious for me. I'd like to eat such a gorgeous pancake with my friend! If I have to say something about your post, how about putting the picture which shows whole scenery of this cafe? Readers might want to know what the cafe looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been to Kona's Coffee twice before, though I've never eaten pancakes there. I have only eaten Loco Moco and Garlic Shrimp. Both were good. Pancakes are typically breakfast food in Canada. And usually served sweet. I'm not sure how I would feel about eating savory pancakes mid-day or in the evening, but I suppose that is what okonomiyaki is, and I like that dish. I hear that Kona's Coffee is difficult to get into at lunch and dinner time.

    ReplyDelete